Saturday, April 16, 2005

HIS IMAGINARY FRIEND [17]

To: girlie
Date: Apr 15 at 9:47 PM
Subject: Even though I am hopelessly and madly in love with you...I have a funny feeling that we are not going to work out

Did you get that Kitty Kallen tune (Little Things Mean A Lot)? I hope you have high speed because I don't...and it took forever to upload that thing to my mail server...so...if you are on dial-up...all I have to say is...sorry about that. I thought it was a kind of nice, albeit a little cornball, tune.

So...the next time you hear that song...which will probably be never...try and think of me and how much I loved you, and, when my last breath escapes me on the battlefield, how it will whisper your name. Forgive my many faults and the many pains I have caused you, how thoughtless and foolish I have sometimes been. But oh Stacey, if the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen amongst those they love, I shall always be with you in the brightest day and the darkest night...always...always. HEY WAIT A MINUTE...THAT'S THE SULLIVAN BALLOU LETTER. Sorry about that...got a little carried away.

No comments: